- Don't Meet - Avoid a meeting if the same information could be covered in a memo, email or brief report
- Set objectives for the Meeting - Before planning the agenda, determine the objective of the meeting. The more concrete your objectives, the more focused your agenda will be.
- Provide an Agenda Beforehand - Your agenda needs to include a one-sentence description of the meeting objectives, a list of the topics to be covered and a list stating who will address each topic for how long. Follow the agenda closely during the meeting.
- Assign Meeting Preparation - Give all participants something to prepare for the meeting, and that meeting will take on a new significance to each group member.
- Assign Action Items - Don't finish any discussion in the meeting without deciding how to act on it.
- Examine your Meeting Process - Don't leave the meeting without assessing what took place and making a plan to improve the next meeting.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Tips of Handling a Meeting